Booking Terms & Conditions
Booking Terms and Conditions
All of these terms and conditions apply to participants booking a course online, on the phone or in person.
[Please note that for 2020 courses and retreats, to ensure that our guests do not transmit the virus to others, Literature Wales will allow a discretionary refund of all fees for courses at Tŷ Newydd if a guest needs to cancel their space on a course or a retreat. We kindly ask that guests do not take advantage of this clause, and consider the catastrophic impact the pandemic has had on some charities and artistic venues. This does not impact on virtual course fees which remains under the following terms and conditions:]
- A deposit of £100 is required for all bookings to reserve your place, unless otherwise stated on the course description. The deposit is non-refundable, and non-transferrable.
- The full balance is due 6 weeks prior to the first day of the course. If you are unsure how to pay your balance, please contact Literature Wales. If the balance is late, Literature Wales reserve the right to retain your deposit and cancel your booking.
- If you cancel less than 6 weeks before the first day of course, the balance will only be returned (minus the deposit) if the course is fully booked, and your place on the course filled.
- In certain cases, Literature Wales will accept requests to pay the course fee in instalments. A request to pay in instalments must be made on booking, and it is the participant’s responsibility to set up a standing order to comply with the agreement made with Literature Wales. If the participant fails to initiate the standing order or defaults on any instalment Literature Wales reserves the right to cancel the booking. All applications for a Bursary must be made prior to booking. Information can be found on Tŷ Newydd’s website here.
- Literature Wales reserve the right to cancel up to two weeks before the start of the course. In these circumstances, a full refund will be made. Literature Wales will not be able to refund any costs related to travel arrangements.
- We advise all participants to arrange personal insurance to cover all unexpected eventualities that may result in cancellation and the loss of fees. It is your responsibility to ensure that the insurance taken out is sufficient and appropriate.
- An outline of the course content prepared by the tutors themselves, and tutors’ biographies is provided on Tŷ Newydd’s website. More information can be requested by Tŷ Newydd, and we encourage conversation about which course(s) are suitable for individuals. It is the participants’ responsibility to decide which course is suitable for them. Literature Wales will not refund any fees if participants decide to leave a course, or if a participant is unhappy about the course content. We encourage conversation with the tutors, or a staff member early on during a course if you are unhappy to try and resolve any issues.
- In the event of tutor cancellations, Literature Wales reserve the right to make changes to the programme. Any changes will be conveyed to course participants. A change of tutor in these circumstances does not grant the participant a refund of fees.
- Literature Wales reserve the right to evict any participants who behave inappropriately, or who are under the immoderate influence of alcohol or drugs. Any participants who exhibit threatening, demeaning, or disruptive behaviour towards Literature Wales staff, other participants, or the tutors might be evicted with no refund of course fees made.
Health and Safety
- The participant is responsible for arriving in time for the introductory session, where a member of Literature Wales staff will give a talk about health and safety, including the fire procedures. If the participant misses this talk due to late arrival, he/she must approach a member of staff to ask about health and safety procedures.
- All dietary requirements are catered for. It is the participants’ responsibility to notify Literature Wales of any food allergies, general allergies, or dietary requirements before their visit.
- Bedrooms are allocated by Literature Wales, and we cannot accept requests for specific rooms except for those who requires an accessible room. We recognise the limitations of some of our guest rooms. Tŷ Newydd is a Grade II* listed building, and we’re constantly reviewing the best options to improve facilities and accommodation while respecting its legacy, architectural merit and history. We will not refund any fees if a participant does not like his/her room.
- Literature Wales’ Safeguarding Policy is in operation at Tŷ Newydd. The policy can be viewed on request. Literature Wales aims to safeguard the welfare of children and vulnerable adults whilst they are attending or participating in any of their activities.
- If any event or incident regarding children, young people and/or vulnerable adults raises your concern during your time at Tŷ Newydd, please report to the Head of Tŷ Newydd immediately.
Privacy and data
- Your personal information, including full name, address, phone number, email address, address and any dietary requirements is kept on file by Literature Wales for contractual purposes.
- No credit/debit card information is stored by Literature Wales
- All personal information is secure, not shared with any third parties, and kept securely on electronic systems.
- Literature Wales does not accept any responsibility for any loss or damage to participants’ property, nor injury to any guests during their stay at Tŷ Newydd.
- Feedback forms, and a suggestion box are available at Tŷ Newydd.
- Any serious or urgent complaints about Tŷ Newydd should be voiced during the course in an appointment with the Head of Tŷ Newydd, or the Venue Manager. We reserve the right to request that the complainant submits his / her complain in a letter before replying to the complaint. We will reply to any letters of complaints within 10 working days.
- Alternatively, a complaint can be submitted about Tŷ Newydd to Literature Wales.
- Complaints about courses which are accompanied by requests for a partial or a full refund will not be considered if the complaint is entered 10 days or later after the last day of the course.